Emergency Veterinary Services of Roanoke only treats emergency and critical care patients. If your pet requires routine care, you should see your regular veterinarian during his or her normal business hours.
The bottom line is that ANY concern about your pet’s health warrants, at a minimum, a call to your veterinarian.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea – more than 2 episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
The clinic’s capabilities include:
- Inpatient critical care and monitoring
- Outpatient medicine and surgery
- Referral Consults
- Internal Medicine Consults
- Emergency Surgery
- Imaging including x-ray and ultrasound
- An on-site pharmacy and lab
- Diagnostic equipment including BP monitors, ECG and pulse oximeters
Appointments are not necessary at Emergency Veterinary Services of Roanoke. However, it is a good idea to call ahead and let us know you are coming, so we can prepare for the arrival of your pet.
We know veterinary care can be expensive. Here is a list of options to help defray the costs. Full payment of services is still required at EVS at the time of service.
We are open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.
Send us a message!
If you are in the middle of an emergency situation, please call us directly at 540-563-8575. If you have a question, you can complete the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible.